Execution of Subsidy Programme
The Directorate of the Department, these are, the Office of the Registrar of Cooperative Societies is the agency for execution of various activities and programmes sanctioned by the Cooperation Department. The nature of assistance provides are in the shape of Share Capital Contribution and Managerial Subsidies/Grant in Aids to eligible co-operative societies. The Subsidies are released through the office of the Registrar of Co-operative Societies. Objectively, subsidies are enabling components through which Cooperative Organizations may emerge as viable and effective instrument of socio-economic growth besides, supplementing the Societies to bear the cost of management.
The following are notable riders for consideration of subsidy to different Cooperative Organizations :
- Details of annual business activities.
- Annual income from business activities.
- Numbers of paid employees in employment of the Cooperative Societies.
- Annual expenditure on staff and other overheads.
- Gap in requirement of funds for meeting management cost and income from business activities.
- Details of expenditure and utilization of assistance of previous years.
- Audit objection if any.
- Impact of assistance given in the past on the over-all of financial help of the societies including its profitability.
- Latest audited balance sheet.
The Co-operation Department operates and sanctions all State Plan Schemes which is beyond the delegated power of the Registrar of Cooperative Societies. Besides, it also facilitates the recommendation of proposals to outside agencies as per plan, programmes and rules and releases fund through agencies as per conditions of sanctions.
The Co-operation Department does not extend financial assistance in the shape of subsidy to any individual member. All subsidy programmes are directed for Cooperative Societies. For availing the component of subsidy a Cooperative Society needs to apply through the District / Sub-Divisional Offices as per format prescribed by the Directorate. All proposals received are examined in the Office of the Registrar of Cooperative Societies and further re-examination in the Departmental Committee at the State Level depending on the recommendation of the Departmental Committee and subject to power delegated to the Administrative Department, schemes are sanction under the Delegation of Financial Power Rules, 1981 or are refer to Planning / Finance Department for approval and concurrence.